Hello, welcome to Yueyang Keyuan Innovative Materials Co., Ltd.
Yueyang Keyuan Innovative Materials Co.,Ltd
Mobile phone: 86-18826252690
Add.: Industial Park, Yunxi District, Yueyang, Hunan,414009 China
KY-A101 High softening point Aldehyde Resin
KY-A101 is a kind of condensation from urea and aliphatic aldehydes, bright and resistant to yellowing. It shows excellent compatibility with many coating/printing raw materials. It is soluble in most organic solvents and has very good wetting and dispersion in the formulation of paints. It is a kind of marvelous multifunctional coating additive used to improve the adhesion, gloss, hardness, solid content, and fullness. It can also be used in universal pigment pastes.
White or little yellowish beads or powder
color number (ISO 4630-1:2004)
acid value (ISO 2114-2000)
hydroxyl value(DIN 53240-2:1998)
* 50% resin mass fraction of the solution, solvent for the mass fraction of 85% butyl acetate, 15% anhydrous ethanol.
● Because of their excellent solubility and compatibility, KY-A101 can be used in many types of ink/coating formulations.
● Depending on the application, KY-A101 improves the gloss, hardness, adhesion, and resistance to yellowing of coating.
● Because of their good pigment wetting, KY-A101 can be used for the manufacture of pigment pastes with high pigment content.
● KY-A101 is very stable in heat and can be used for baking finishes, and it will not cause odor or discoloration.
● Because of its relatively low solvent retention, it only leads to a slight increase of the drying time of physically drying finishes (e.g. cellulose and nitrate).
● Comparing with KY-A81, KY-A101 showed more obvious improvement in gloss, hardness and dryness, but compatibility was not good as KY-A81.
Storage and shipping
Shipped in a light-free condition and stored at a dry room temperature. Shelf life is usually 1 year. If the bags are not open, that are stored in a dry and well-ventilated place, and if the property is tested OK, it can last up to 2 years.